Policy Development & Procedure Writing in Local Government (Virtual Classroom)
Targeting officers who would like to further develop their skills in developing and writing policy and procedure documents.
- Use enhanced skills to participate in establishing the need for a written procedure;
- Gather information and data to produce a procedures manual;
- Consult and communicate with staff at the development and implementation stages;
- Monitor, evaluate and promote policy development;
- Identify and resolve problems in the workplace that are caused by poor practice; and
- Identify future directions in policy development.