Preparing Agendas & Minutes in Local Government
Staff involved in the organisation of Council meetings and maintenance of records of Local Government meetings
- prepare a notice of meeting, agenda and minutes
- explain financial, proximity and impartiality interests
- record motions, amendments and voting outcomes
- understand the minute taker's role, importance and legal responsibilities
- identify what to include and exclude from minutes, and
- use standing orders to clarify meeting procedures.